Monday, September 3, 2007

Silence from the Rough

French Hill -- Silence.

I’ve yet to hear from the Ballfinder people. I have heard from several of you, though, as well as from the Landmines Blow people.

The ‘power of one’ might not be enough. Why don’t you send an email to Mr. Lewis and Mr. Garrison asking that they make a contribution to the landmines cause? To make it easier, I’ve written a sample message for you below. Their email addresses are: ebby.lewis@comcast.net and Dennis.garrison@key-golf.com.

Please either leave a comment or send me a message to let me know that you’ve sent the Ballfinders a message. I’d like to keep track of our effort.

Thanks-

-------------------

September XX, 2007



Dear Ebby Lewis and Dennis Garrison,


I recently read about the Ballfinder Scout on “Live from . . .” at www.benjaminorbach.blogspot.com. The Ballfinder seems like an innovative product and it is a gift that I’m considering purchasing for my ______ (insert appropriate golf playing friend or relative).

I have to say, though, I would be much more inclined to purchase the $169 Ballfinder (and mention the Ballfinder to friends) if I knew that the Ballfinder was supporting the cause of de-mining through www.landmines.org, www.landminesblow.com, or another similarly focused organization. We’re privileged to have the opportunity to spend our leisure time searching for lost golf balls in the rough. We shouldn’t forget others who face a different and desperate situation everyday, especially when we can so easily help them.

I look forward to hearing from you about the Ballfinder’s contribution to this cause – either directly, or through Benjamin Orbach’s Live from . . . blog.

Sincerely,

No comments: